The expectations for what business intelligence (BI) can and should do have changed. The reason? Big data analytics.
Dresner Advisory Services defines big data analytics as “systems that enable end-user access to and analysis of data contained and managed within the Hadoop ecosystem.” Traditional BI applications got their start before there was a Hadoop ecosystem -- and modern BI needs to thrive in that ecosystem.
Much like the survey results from 2016, which is based on data collected from end users, Zoomdata again ranked as the number one big data vendor in Dresner’s 2017 Big Data Analytics Market Study. Zoomdata is a modern BI tool designed for big data and organizations undergoing digital transformation. These environments demand modern infrastructure, data access, search, machine learning, and supported distributions. In addition to great support, here’s why our customers rate us so highly in Dresner’s survey:
- It scales well beyond traditional BI tools
- It provides native connectivity to dozens of modern systems like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and a host of others
- Its Connectivity Framework makes it easy to rapidly build connectivity for emerging technologies
- It can join disparate data sources on the fly via Zoomdata Fusion
- Its architecture promotes security and micro-services
So what does all this mean? It means that if you want to do modern BI, you need to redefine the way you look at BI. Zoomdata is BI redefined.
You can download a free copy of the Dresner report here.