Charts Interface Overview
Zoomdata's chart canvas provides a comprehensive suite of tools to help you conduct in-depth analysis, filter data points and discover needed insights quickly and efficiently. This article walks through the chart capabilities and tools available to you. To illustrate all these resources, we use the Real Time Sales sample data source that comes installed with your Zoomdata Server.
Figure 1 and the accompanying legend provides a breakdown of the tools and functionalities:
1. Chart title: By default, displays the data source name created by the user. Click the title to edit.
2.Left Rail Menu: provides access to the primary exploration tools available to the chart:
3. X- and Y- Axes Labels : enable you to change attributes or metrics
4. Time Bar and Time Controls :
- Filter your data by a time attribute
- Zoom into specific period within the selected date range
- Explore the dynamics of your data using the Play/Pause button
5. Color Legend: By default, a color legend is enabled for all chart styles, but can be toggled off.
6. Action Buttons :
- Save a chart or dashboard you have created.
- Share a chart or dashboard you have created via a link or iFrame code.
- Add a chart to the canvas (and build a dashboard). You can add different chart styles from either the same data source or from different sources.
: this feature is available only for
sources. You can enable this feature while creating or editing the data source on the
When you have specified the search phrase, the Search results panel is displayed, consisting of two tabs:
- Details - under this tab all the search results are listed. You can sort the search results by best match and most resent. After the search has been performed, new text search filter is created and applied to the chart. It will also be listed on the Active filters pane.
- Facets - on this tab, you can filter by facets. You can select the fields to be used as faceted filters on the Fields page while creating or editing the data source. Click Clear all to clear all the selected facets.
- Click Save to Favorites .
- In the Save to Favorites window, specify the following:
- Name of your dashboard
- Select the Remember time position(s) checkbox to keep the same time when returning to the dashboard (as opposed to starting at the most recent time).
- Select the Share with all users in my account checkbox to allow other users to access to your chart. Otherwise, leave it as is.
To view your saved dashboards, click the menu icon and then click the Favorites tab.
You can also share your charts and dashboards.
Click the button.
There are two ways you can share your charts and dashboards:
- Share the link
- Embed the code in your website
If you are sharing a link, you can require the recipient to log into Zoomdata first before they can access the chart. To do this, you would delete the 'key' potion of the URL link (as shown in Figure 6).
When sharing, you can choose whether the chart or dashboard be interactive or non-interactive (Figure 5). The interactive option lets viewers manipulate your chart (as shown in the animation below):
If choosing the non-interactive option, viewers will receive a static snapshot of your chart or dashboard (as shown in the figure below):
Explore each of these functions in greater details: