Configuring Zoomdata's Memory Settings
By default, the Zoomdata server is configured to use 16 GB of RAM. You can change this memory allocation by following these steps:
- Log out of Zoomdata if you are in the program; then close the browser.
- From your terminal, open a command line session.
- Via the command prompt, connect to your Zoomdata Server.
- Stop the Zoomdata Server service:
sudo service zoomdata stop
Check to see if there is a
/etc/zoomdata/. Use the following command to access and open the
- If there is no file then add one with the line below or if there is a file then update the existing one with the following line:
JAVA_OPTS="-Xss256k -Xms 20 g -Xmx 20 g"
This example configures the Zoomdata server to use 20 GB of RAM. You can adjust the number to fit your system's needs. Replace the 20 with the necessary memory allocation for your operating environment.
Save and exit the
- Start Zoomdata:
sudo service zoomdata start
Once the Zoomdata Server has successfully restarted, open a new browser.