Connecting to Apache Phoenix
Zoomdata is able to connect to Apache Phoenix v4.5 (HBase 1.1) only. This is because the Phoenix driver is not backwards compatible with earlier versions. Zoomdata does not provide data connectors to earlier versions of Phoenix.
To configure the connector, perform the following steps:
Specify the name of your source and add a description (if desired).
- On the Connection page, define the connection source. You can use an existing connection, if available, or create a new one. To create a new connection, select the Input New Credentials option button and specify a connection name, JDBC URL, user name, and password. Click Validate . Once validated, the connection is saved. Click Next .
page, select a schema and a table for your charts from the
list. If you want to include or exclude specific fields, select the corresponding checkboxes.
You can also run a custom SQL query to select the required objects. Click
and type the SQL query in the
Click Preview . The returned results will be displayed in the Preview section.
Caveats for using Custom SQL in Phoenix:
* Due to the structure of Phoenix sources, Zoomdata recommends using aliases in your queries for this connection.
* Not all statements are handled by Phoenix, for example, GROUP BY and HAVING.
* Subqueries are not handled.
Zoomdata will wrap your SQL query into a SELECT statement. If specific statements inside the wrapped query are not supported by your data source, the query will not be executed.
page, create unique label names for the available fields in your data source. These labels will be displayed in the charts. Specify the required name in the
field. If necessary, change the
options. Select the checkboxes in the
column to enable this option. Configure
Filter Display settings
for the required fields.
Click Next to continue.
- On the Refresh page, you can schedule asynchronous jobs to refresh fields in your data source. Refer to Using the Zoomdata Scheduler article for more information.
- On the Charts page, you can:
- Edit Global Default Settings
- Select the Standard and, if available, Custom chart styles to be used with the data source
- Set default parameters (group-bys, colors, sorting, etc.) for each chart style
- Click Finish to save your changes.