Connecting to Aurora
By default, this connector is disabled and its icon is not displayed in the 'Add a New Data Source' section. You need supervisor privileges to enable it.
To configure the connector, perform the following steps:
- Log into Zoomdata.
- Click the Sources menu item.
Specify the name of your source and add a description (if desired).
- Click Next . On the 'Connection' page, specify the connection name and JDBC URL. You can also specify the user name and password. Click Validate . When the credentials have been validated and saved, click Next .
- On the 'Tables' page, select the schema and the data collection to use for your charts. If you want to add a custom SQL query to retrieve the data, click Custom SQL .
Zoomdata wraps your SQL query into a SELECT statement. If specific statements inside the wrapped query are not supported by your data source, the query will not be executed.
Toggle the caching options (SparkIt and Caching) as needed (by default, SparkIt is disabled; access the article
How Zoomdata Caches the Data
for more information).
Click Next to continue.
- On the 'Fields' page, you can create unique label names for the available fields in your data source. These labels will be displayed on the charts. Create unique label names, as needed, for each 'Label' field. If necessary, change the 'Type' and 'Default' options, select the checkboxes in the 'Distinct Count' column. Configure Filter Display settings for the required fields. Click Next .
- On the Refresh page, you can schedule asynchronous jobs to refresh fields in your data source. Refer to Using the Zoomdata Scheduler article for more information.
page, you can:
Learn more about how to customize a chart .
- Edit Global Default Settings
- Select the Standard and, if available, Custom chart styles to be used with the data source
- Set default parameters (group-bys, colors, sorting, etc.) for each chart style
- Click Finish to save your changes.