Connecting to Hive on EMR
To configure the connector, perform the following steps:
Hive on EMR
Specify the name of your source and add a description (if desired).
- Click Next .
page, specify the connection name and JDBC URL. You can also specify the user name and password. Click
. When the credentials have been validated and saved, click
page, select the schema and the data collection to use for your charts. If you want to include or exclude specific fields, select or clear the corresponding checkboxes.
If you want to add a custom SQL query to retrieve the data, click Custom SQL .
Toggle the caching options (SparkIt and Caching) as needed (by default, SparkIt is disabled; access the article
How Zoomdata Caches the Data
for more information). Click
On the Fields page, you can create unique label names for the available fields in your data source. These labels will be displayed in the charts. Specify unique label names, as needed, for each Label field. If necessary, change the Type and Default options and select the Distinct Count checkbox to enable this option . Configure Filter Display settings for the required fields. Click Next .
- On the Refresh page, you can schedule asynchronous jobs to refresh fields in your data source. Refer to Using the Zoomdata Scheduler article for more information.
page, you can:
Learn more about how to customize a chart .
- Edit Global Default Settings
- Select the Standard and, if available, Custom chart styles to be used with the data source
- Set default parameters (group-bys, colors, sorting, etc.) for each chart style
- Click Finish to save your changes.