Connecting to Marketo
Before you can connect Zoomdata to your Marketo source, ensure the following items are addressed:
Create and configure your Marketo account
in order to access the Zoomdata REST API.
While configuring the API, note the Endpoint (specified in the Web services section), Client ID, and Client Secret (specified in the Launch Point section) values. You will need to specify these values while configuring the connector.
- In order to access a Marketo source, Zoomdata leverages its embedded Spark Proxy. By default, this local Spark instance is configured with a small configuration size (that is, with a minimum amount of memory and core usage). For details about Zoomdata's Spark setup and how to edit the configuration, access the article Configuring an Embedded Spark Server .
- Zoomdata's Marketo connector is based on REST API Version 1.
- Only REST API is supported (SOAP API is not supported).
Configuring the Marketo Connector
To configure the connector, perform the following steps:
- Log into Zoomdata.
- Click the Sources menu item.
Specify the name of your source and add a description (if desired).
- On the Connection page, define the connection source. You can use an existing connection, if available, or create a new one. To create a new connection, select the Input New Credentials option button and specify a connection name, endpoint, client ID, and client secret key. Click Validate . Valid data will be saved. Click Next .
page, select a data source for your charts from the
list. If you want to include or exclude specific fields, select or clear the corresponding checkboxes. By default caching is enabled. You can disable it if needed.
page, create unique label names for the available fields in your data source. These labels will be displayed in the charts. Specify the required name in the
field. If necessary, change the
options. Select the checkboxes in the
column to enable this option. Configure
Filter Display settings
for the required fields. Click
- On the Refresh page, you can schedule asynchronous jobs to refresh fields in your data source. Refer to Using the Zoomdata Scheduler article for more information.
page, you can:
Learn more about how to customize a chart .
- Edit Global Default Settings
- Select the Standard and, if available, Custom chart styles to be used with the data source
- Set default parameters (group-bys, colors, sorting, etc.) for each chart style
- Click Finish to save your changes.