Connecting to Oracle
The Oracle connector allows users to visualize data stored in Oracle databases.
The Zoomdata Server supports Oracle v11g Release 2 and later versions. To configure the connector, perform the following steps:
Specify the name of your source and add a description (if desired).
On the Connection page, specify the connection source. You can select an existing connection, if available, or create a new one.
To create a new connection, select the Input new credentials option button and specify the connection name and JDBC URL.
The JDBC URL format for Oracle database being connected, must be:
If your database requires authentication, specify the user name and password.
To enable a Zoomdata user to work with Oracle data source as a proxy user, you can use the oracle proxy user authentication feature.
Before you begin, you must configure oracle users with the corresponding privileges in the Oracle database.
To use this feature, select the Use Oracle Proxy User Authentication checkbox. In this section, select Proxied User Name and Proxied User Password (Optional) from the list of user attributes. See how to configure settings for a proxy user below.
Click Validate to ensure you entered valid credentials. Valid data will be saved. Click Next .
page, select the schema and data table to use for your charts. If you want to add a custom SQL query to retrieve the data, click
Optional: If you have set up the Spark functionality, you can enable Spark on this page.
To learn more about Zoomdata's support for Spark and how to set it up, see Apache Spark in Zoomdata . Learn more about caching the data. You can also enable caching if required.
Click Next .
On the Fields page, you can create unique label names for the available fields in your data source. These labels will be displayed in the charts.
Create unique label names, as needed, for each Label field. If necessary, change the Type and Default options, select the checkboxes in the Distinct Count column. Configure Filter Display settings for the required fields.
Click Next .
- On the Refresh page, you can schedule asynchronous jobs to refresh fields in your data source. Refer to Using the Zoomdata Scheduler article for more information.
page, you can enable the charts that will be available for the data source and edit the settings for your charts.
That is, select the styles that will be available for the data source, change the global default settings, and more.
Learn more about how to customize a chart .
Click Finish to save your changes.
To enable a Zoomdata user work as a proxy user, specify the user attributes of corresponding oracle user (that will be used as proxy user) in the account details of a Zoomdata user.
You must specify the user attributes for each Zoomdata user that will access the Oracle data source as a proxy user.
Perform the following steps:
- Click the icon and select Users & Groups .
- Select a user from the list and click the Custom Attributes tab.
- Click Add Custom Attribute . Specify credentials for a user as follows:
- Key - specify the login attribute for proxy user. You have to select this value from the Proxied User Name list while creating connection.
- Value - specify the actual name of the oracle user, that you want to use as proxy user.
- Select the checkbox in the Secure column to encrypt the value of the key.
- If the proxy user requires password, click Add Custom Attribute and specify the key (you will have to select this value (from the Proxied User Password list) and value for the password.