Overview of the Data Sources Page
The Data Sources page provides you full control over the data sources that you are connecting to via Zoomdata.
On the Data Sources page you can:
- Add new sources
- Edit their properties
- Download the saved configurations
- Delete sources
- Manage existing connections
- Import data sources configurations from other Zoomdata instances
To start working with your data sources, log into Zoomdata as an Administrator and from the Settings menu, click Sources .
The Data Sources page comprises three sections:
- Import Source Configuration
- Add a New Data Source
- My Data Sources
IMPORT SOURCE CONFIGURATION
Zoomdata lets you import a data source configuration from another Zoomdata instance (exporting a data source is covered in the topic Managing Data Sources and Connections , specifically, the Download function). Configuration settings that are imported include:
- The source name
- The connection settings
- Custom labels created in the Fields page
- Default parameters set on the Charts page
To import the source file, perform the following steps:
- On the Data Sources page, click Import Source Configuration .
- In the Import Source section, click Browse source file and select the .json file.
- Click Import . The imported data source will be listed in the My Data Sources section.
ADD A NEW DATA SOURCE
In the Add a New Data Source section, a list of all available (and enabled) connectors is displayed.
To add a new data source, click the desired icon and step through the connection process. For more information on the connection process, access the Connecting to Data section of this Admin Guide and select a specific data source connection article.
You can manage connections and configuration settings to existing data sources under My Data Sources section. Data source configuration options available in Zoomdata include connection parameters, caching setup, and fields and charts settings.
Your available data sources are listed in a table format and provide following information:
- Type - the type of the data source (sortable column)
Data Source Name
(sortable column). For Flat File data sources, you can upload additional files or clear the data:
- Connection - connection information (sortable column)
- Cache - the cache type used for the data source:
- Clear cache - click the button to clear cache (both in Zoomdata and in SparkIt) for the selected source
- Enabled - by default, data sources are enabled. This means that users can access the data source and build charts and dashboards; to disable the data source, clear the checkbox
- Download - click the button to download the data source as a .json file; you can then upload this file to another Zoomdata instance; refer to the Import Source Configuration topic for details about importing the data source.
To work with existing connections or add new ones, click Manage Connections in the My Data Sources section.
The Connections page includes the following elements:
- Saved connections section - contains all the verified and saved connections.
- Connection - shows the number of sources, that use this connection. To view the details, click the required item in the list.
- Connection details section - contains the list of connection settings. When you modify them and validate, the new settings will be applied to all the data sources that use the selected connection.
- Data Sources section - lists all the data sources that use the selected connection.
Adding connection details
You can add and verify the connection details to enable other users to use them while creating a new data source. The validated connections are listed under the
Use validated credentials
list on the
To add a connection, perform the following steps:
- Select the connection type.
section, fill in the required fields and click
Removing connection details
To remove the validated connection details, perform the following steps: