Uploading a Flat File into my Zoomdata Server
Zoomdata can visualize data from flat files including CSV, JSON, TSV, and XML.
- Maximum supported file size is 500 MB.
- Data from the flat file is stored in MongoDB (Zoomdata's metadata repository).
To upload a flat file, follow these steps:
CSV, JSON, TSV, XML
- Specify the name of your source and add a description (if desired). Click Next .
and select a CSV, JSON, TSV, or XML file to upload. Prior to uploading the file, make sure that the selected file meets the requirements listed on the page. As an option, you may use
Zoomdata file for test
to try out this connector.
Based on the data in the provided file, Zoomdata defines the data type. Modify, if needed, the columns of the selected file to ensure the proper types are assigned to the fields.
When you have made all the necessary changes, click Next .
On the Fields page, create unique label names, as needed, for each Label field. If necessary, change the Type and Default options, select the checkboxes in the Distinct Count column. Configure Filter Display settings for the required fields. Click Next .
page, you can:
Learn more about how to customize a chart .
- Edit Global Default Settings
- Select the Standard and, if available, Custom chart styles to be used with the data source
- Set default parameters (group-bys, colors, sorting, etc.) for each chart style
- Click Finish to save your changes.