The Color menu lets you do the following actions:
- Customize the color scheme of your chart
- Display a color legend
The Color menu provides the flexibility of color-coding both your attribute-based data elements and your metrics-based ones. The Color pane displays different settings and options depending on your attribute selection.
COLOR SETTINGS FOR METRIC-BASED CHARTS
The color pane for the metric-based charts includes the following elements:
- Color key - this section displays specific colors for each range of values for the selected metric. You can define a range and assign a color to it using the Color settings section.
- select the
checkbox if you want the legend to be displayed on the chart.
- Color settings - this section enables you to select the color palette for the selected metric. Click the palette to configure it.
On this page you can configure the following:
- Sequential color palette - in this section, you can define the color scheme for the chart.
- Diverging color range - in this section you can select:
- Gradient to apply gradient to all your data range.
- Color metric - in this section you can select a metric to configure colors.
COLOR SETTINGS FOR ATTRIBUTE-BASED CHARTS
- Color key - this section contains the list of attribute items and colors assigned to them.
- Display legend - select the Enabled checkbox if you want the legend to be displayed on the chart.
- Color settings - this section displays the color palette used for the attribute items. To configure the settings, click the palette:
In the Attribute color matching section select:
- Assigned Colors to change the default color for each attribute item. Click the color preview near the required item and pick a new color:
- Automatic to apply the default color palette.
- Color attribute - in this section you can select an attribute to configure colors.