Connecting to Hive on Tez
To configure the connector, perform the following steps:
Log into Zoomdata.
Administrators and users with appropriate access privileges can connect data sources in Zoomdata.
Hive on Tez
Specify the name of your source and add a description (if desired).
- Click Next .
page, specify the connection name and JDBC URL. You can also specify the user name and password. Click
. When the credentials have been validated and saved, click
. To use the existing connection, select the
Use validated credentials
option button and select the connection from the list.
- select your database schema if needed. Use the search bar to find your database.
- select the data collection that will be used for charts.
- add SQL query if needed. Click Custom SQL and add your query in the Custom SQL section.
- Toggle the caching options (SparkIt and Caching) as needed (by default, SparkIt is disabled; access the article How Zoomdata Caches the Data for more information). Click Next to continue.
page, you can create unique label names for the available fields in your data source. These labels will be displayed in the charts. Create unique label names, as needed, for each
- If necessary, change the Type and Default options, select the checkboxes in the Distinct Count column. Configure Filter Display settings for the required fields. Click Next .
- On the Refresh page, you can schedule asynchronous jobs to refresh fields in your data source. Refer to Using the Zoomdata Scheduler article for more information.
page, you can:
Learn more about how to customize a chart .
- Edit Global Default Settings
- Select the Standard and, if available, Custom chart styles to be used with the data source
- Set default parameters (group-bys, colors, sorting, etc.) for each chart style
- Click Finish to save your changes.
Issue: If you run into a warning message that is displayed when you try to open a dashboard based on a Hive on Tez data source, access this troubleshooting article to resolve.