Connecting to SendGrid
In order to access a SendGrid source, Zoomdata leverages its embedded Spark Proxy. By default, this local Spark instance is configured with a small configuration size (that is, with a minimum amount of memory and core usage). For details about Zoomdata's Spark setup and how to edit the configuration, access the article Changing the Default Configuration for an Embedded Spark Server .
- Zoomdata's SendGrid connector is based on REST API Version 3.
- Only Advanced and Global Stats endpoints are supported.
CONFIGURING THE SendGrid CONNECTOR
To configure the connector, perform the following steps:
Log into Zoomdata.
Administrators and users with appropriate access privileges can connect data sources in Zoomdata.
Specify the name of your source and add a description (if desired). Click
- On the Connection page, define the connection source. You can use an existing connection, if available, or create a new one. To create a new connection, select the Input New Credentials option button and specify a connection name, your SendGrid user name, and password. Click Validate . Valid data will be saved. Click Next .
page, select the data collection to use for your charts. If needed, specify the date range for which you want to import the data. Select the fields to be imported and click
to validate and preview the output dataset. By default caching is enabled. You can disable it if needed.
On the Fields page, create unique label names for the available fields in your data source. These labels will be displayed in the charts. Specify the required name in the Label field. If necessary, change the Type and Default options, and select the checkboxes in the Distinct Count column. Configure Filter Display settings for the required fields. Click Next to continue.
- On the Refresh page, you can schedule asynchronous jobs to refresh fields in your data source. Refer to Using the Zoomdata Scheduler article for more information.
page, you can:
Learn more about how to customize a chart .
- Edit Global Default Settings
- Select the Standard and, if available, Custom chart styles to be used with the data source
- Set default parameters (group-bys, colors, sorting, etc.) for each chart style
- Click Finish to save your changes.