Connecting to Zendesk
In order to access a Zendesk source, Zoomdata leverages its embedded Spark Proxy. By default, this local Spark instance is configured with a small configuration size (that is, with a minimum amount of memory and core usage). For details about Zoomdata's Spark setup and how to edit the configuration, access the article Changing the Default Configuration for an Embedded Spark Server .
- Zoomdata's Zendesk connector is based on the REST API Version 2.
- Only basic authorization is supported.
- Only "Views" objects are supported (except Suspended tickets).
CONFIGURING THE ZENDESK CONNECTOR
To configure the connector, perform the following steps:
Log into Zoomdata.
Administrators and users with appropriate access privileges can connect data sources in Zoomdata.
- Specify the name of your source and add a description (if desired). Click Next .
page, define the connection source. You can use an existing connection, if available, or create a new one. To create a new connection, select the
Input New Credentials
option button and specify a connection name, sub-domain, your Zendesk login and password. Click
. Valid data will be saved. Click
page, select a data source for your charts from the
list. If you want to include or exclude specific fields, select or clear the corresponding checkboxes. By default caching is enabled. You can disable it if needed.
page, create unique label names for the available fields in your data source. These labels will be displayed in the charts. Specify the required name in the
field. If necessary, change the
options. Select the checkboxes in the
column to enable this option. Configure
Filter Display settings
for the required fields. Click
- On the Refresh page, you can schedule asynchronous jobs to refresh fields in your data source. Refer to Using the Zoomdata Scheduler article for more information.
page, you can:
Learn more about how to customize a chart .
- Edit Global Default Settings
- Select the Standard and, if available, Custom chart styles to be used with the data source
- Set default parameters (group-bys, colors, sorting, etc.) for each chart style
- Click Finish to save your changes.