When you install the Zoomdata Server a default company account is created. The 'Company' account is the default Zoomdata account where administrators may connect data sources and administer Zoomdata. However, you can create and manage multiple accounts. Each account may have multiple admin roles set.
To manage your Zoomdata accounts, select the Accounts menu item.
All the available accounts are listed on the Manage Accounts page.
Create a new Account
To create a new Zoomdata account, perform the following steps:
- On the Manage Accounts page, click Add Account .
- Specify the account name.
Add an admin to the account. You can either:
Assign existing user as admin
, and select a user (or several ones) that will be assigned the admin role in current account;
- Select Create a new admin user , specify User name , enter and confirm Password . The new user will be created and assigned the admin role.
- Choose Assign existing user as admin , click Select User(s) , and select a user (or several ones) that will be assigned the admin role in current account;
- Click Create Account . It will be listed in the Manage Accounts section.
Managing an account Settings
As a supervisor, you can manage the account settings. These include:
- Changing the account name and disabling an account
- Managing users and groups
- Managing data sources
- Managing charts and more
To view the account as an admin, click the icon in the Administer column for the required account. The account-specific menu icons will be displayed:
- Tabs on which you can manage the account settings: General, Users , and Groups ;
- Account Name - contains the name of the account. You can change it at any time if required.
- Disable account - select this checkbox to temporarily deactivate the account.
Accounts switch - you can switch to another account from this page by clicking the account name and selecting the required account from the list.
Deleting an account
To delete an account, click the
icon in the
Confirm your deletion.