Connecting to Cloudera Search
Zoomdata supports Cloudera Search
version 4.4 - 5.3
The table below lists information on the features that are supported by Cloudera Search:
|Supports Distinct Count?||Yes|
|Supports Live Mode/ Playback?||Yes|
|Supports Group-by Time?||No|
|Supports Multi Group-by Charts?||No|
|Supports Box Plot?||Yes|
|Custom SQL Capable?||No|
|Supports Last Value?||No|
CONFIGURING THE CONNECTION
For details about what is provided on each page of the connection process, review the article Source Connection Workflow . Depending on your needs, you can either follow the steps in order from start to finish or jump to a specific section in the connection process:
- General Page
When the connector server is set up by the Zoomdata Administrator, certain parameters on the Connectors page may be customized. The instructions below assumes that the default configuration parameters were kept. If this is not the case, then your Connection page may differ slightly from the screen captures and references provided.
- Tables Page
- Fields Page
- Refresh Page
- Charts Page
Log into Zoomdata.
Administrators and users with appropriate access privileges can connect data sources in Zoomdata.
Specify the name of your source and add a description (if desired).
- Click Next to continue to the next setup page.
This page defines the connection source for Zoomdata to be able to access the data source. If this is the first time setting up a connection, then you need to input the necessary credentials. If a validated connection already exists, you are given the option to use it.
- To create a new connection, select the Input new credentials option.
Specify Base URL.
If authentication has been set up, provide the User Name and Password.
If successfully validated, the connection is saved.
The Tables page lets you select the schema and table to connect with and provides a preview of the selected table. In addition, caching options and toggling the availability of the fields can be done on this page.
- Select the desired collection to connect to Zoomdata.
- Apply the request handler if needed.
- Toggle the caching options (Caching and Lookup Values ), as needed.
- Toggle the availability of the fields, as needed.
- Click Next to continue.
The Fields page lets you (1) configure attribute options, (2) create custom labels for the fields in your data source (that will be displayed in the charts), (3) manage the Volume metric, and (4) work with Calculations.
- Determine whether the field should be visible or not to the user.
- Create unique label names, as needed, for each Label field.
- For the Type column, you have the option to edit the field type (although usually you won't need to do this).
column, numeric and time-based fields may be edited:
- Numeric types including Money, Number and Integer - ability to select a default aggregation function
- Time fields - ability to define the default time pattern and granularity; if the time field provides granularities of hour, minute and second, then a time zone label may be applied
- Select fields for Distinct Counts as needed.
- Refresh the connection to a particular field, as desired.
- If you want to perform a search by a word or phrase on your chart, select a checkbox in the Faceted filter for the corresponding field. Otherwise, leave it blank.
- Select the checkbox in the Parent field column to mark the field as parent.
- Configure Filter Display settings for fields.
- Edit the Volume Metric settings, as needed.
, if available and as needed.
If you are setting up a new connection, the Calculations section will not be available until after the connection is saved.
- Click Next to continue.
The Refresh page lets you schedule asynchronous jobs to update the source metadata. For guidance to set up a refresh schedule, refer to the article Using the Zoomdata Scheduler .
On the Charts page, you can:
- Edit Global Default Settings.
- Select the Standard and, if available, Custom chart styles to be used with the data source.
- Set default parameters (group, sub-group, colors, sorting, and so on) for each chart style.
Click Finish to save your changes. Once your data connection has been established, it will be listed under the My Data Sources section of the page.