Filter Data on a Dashboard
With Zoomdata dashboards, you have the flexibility to filter your data either at the dashboard level or at the chart level. This section will walkthrough the dashboard-level filter .
The dashboard-level filter is available only when all the charts are from the same data source.
- Click the Filter icon.
Create a new filter or select from saved. To create a new filter, perform the following steps:
- In the Add Filter dialog box under the New Filter tab, select the required attribute from the list of available attributes, which can be used as filters.
- The next page of the Filters pane is displayed. Select Include .
Select the required attribute from the list. The list of selected options is displayed under the
Use search to quickly find the required value.
When you have created filters and applied them to a dashboard, they will be listed under Active Filters . You can save these filters as a filter set to apply it later to the charts from the same data source. To save the filter set, perform the following steps:
In the Active Filters dialog box, the applied filters are listed.
- If you want to view the list of applied filters on the chart, under Show Filters as Subhead , select Yes .
- Click Save . In the Save Filter Set dialog box, specify the name of the filter set. If you want to share this set with other users, select the Share this Filter Set with my colleagues checkbox.
- Click Save Filter Set . All the saved filters are listed under the Saved Filters tab in the Add Filters dialog box:
EDIT A FILTER SET
To edit a filter set, perform the following steps:
- Click the button.
- In the Add Filters dialog box, click the Saved Filters tab.
- Click the filter set, that you want to edit. It will be applied.
icon. In the
dialog box, make the necessary changes.
To delete a filter from the filter set, click the button:
- Click Save .
DELETE A FILTER SET
To delete a filter set, perform the following steps:
- Click the icon.
- In the Add Filters section, click the Saved Filters tab.
- Find the filter set that you want to delete and click the button.