When you install the Zoomdata Server, a default company account is created. The 'Company' account is the default Zoomdata account where Administrators may connect data sources and administer Zoomdata. As a supervisor, you can create accounts and Administrator roles to manage those accounts. Each account may have multiple Administrator roles set or you may set one Administrator to manage all accounts in your environment. By default, the Administrator role for supervisors is disabled. To enable the Administrator role for your environment as a supervisor, see Configuring Key and Value settings .
To manage your Zoomdata accounts, select the Accounts menu item.
All the available accounts are listed on the Manage Accounts page.
Create a new Account
To create a new Zoomdata account, perform the following steps:
- On the Manage Accounts page, click Add Account .
- Specify the account name.
Add an admin to the account. You can either:
- Choose Assign existing user as admin , click Select User(s) , and select a user (or several ones) to assign the admin role to in the current account.
- Select Create a new admin user , specify User name , enter and confirm Password . The new user is created and assigned the admin role.
- Click Create Account .
Managing an account Settings
As a supervisor, you can manage the account settings. These include:
- Changing the account name and disabling an account
- Managing users and groups
- Managing data sources
- Managing charts and more
Unless you have turned on the Administrator role function, you cannot view your account(s) as an Admin. To turn on the Administrator function for your supervisor role, see Configuring Key and Value Settings .
On the account details page, you can access the following elements:
- Tabs on which you can manage the account settings: General, Users , and Groups ;
- Account Name - contains the name of the account. You can change it at any time if required.
- Disable account - select this checkbox to temporarily deactivate the account.
Accounts switch - you can switch to another account from this page by clicking the account name and selecting the required account from the list.
Deleting an account
To delete an account, click the
icon in the
Confirm your deletion.