A supervisor can manage all the users existing on the Zoomdata instance. Users are listed on the Manage Users page. To view this page, click the Users menu item.
Creating a User
To add a user, perform the following steps:
- On the Info tab, fill in the following fields:
- Login Name - specify the login for the user (minimum of 4 characters)
- Full Name (optional)
- Email (optional)
- Confirm Password
- Set toggle to either require the user to change the password (or not) via the Request password change option
- Click Save . The user is added to the list.
Next, you have the ability to assign the user to a specific account(s) if multiple have been set up in Zoomdata.
Adding a User to a Zoomdata Account
A user can be assigned to multiple Zoomdata accounts. You can manage the Zoomdata accounts that you can access on the Accounts tab. By default, users are not assigned to any Zoomdata account. If you do not add any accounts for such users, they are able to log in to Zoomdata, but won't have access to any data sources.
To add a user to a Zoomdata account, perform the following steps:
- Click Add Account(s)
select the accounts for a user to access. Click
. All the selected accounts are listed on the
A user may have different roles in different accounts. Configure user roles as described below.
Configuring User Roles
You can assign a user different roles for each Zoomdata account that a user is added to. By default, a user is assigned the User role.
To change the role of a user for the selected Zoomdata account, perform the following steps:
- Select a user role .
If you want to temporary deny access for a user to the selected Zoomdata account, select the Disable User checkbox.
If a user is provided access to multiple Zoomdata accounts, you can set the default account on initial login.
To set a default account, select from the Current Account list.
Removing a User from a Zoomdata Account
To deny access to a Zoomdata account for a user, perform the following steps:
- In the menu, click Accounts .
- Locate the Zoomdata account in the Account(s) list.
- Click the button (Figure 5). A user is able to log into Zoomdata, but won't be able to access any information for this account.
Deleting a User from Zoomdata
To delete a user from Zoomdata, perform the following steps:
- On the Manage Users page, find the required user in the list.
- Click the button.