Home Screen (Gallery)
After logging into Zoomdata, the Home screen (or Gallery) is displayed. From the Home screen, you can jump into exploring and interacting with your charts and dashboards in a variety of ways. This article covers the different options and features available to you.
When logging in for the first time, you can see all the dashboards that have been created in your environment. If there are no data sources connected, then nothing is displayed in the working area. To connect to a data source, see Connecting to Data . For a full overview of the Home screen, watch the following video.
Viewing your Home Page
There are two ways you can view the dashboards in your Home Page: Tile view or List view . Refer to the below example for an overview.
Tile View allows you to view the dashboards within your account as thumbnail tiles. List View displays the dashboards in your account in a table format, with a Preview pane on the right-hand side. You can easily switch between views in the Home page at any time.
If you have not been given access to any data sources, or have not been given the ability to add a data source, the following screen is displayed. Reach out to the Administrator of your Zoomdata environment for access to data sources. You need to do this before you can create any charts or dashboards.
The primary menu options are broken out across the top black bar. The three icons on the left are the following:
- Main menu (hamburger) icon. If you click this icon, a window is displayed containing two tabs:
- Under the Favorites tab, your saved dashboards (and other shared dashboards) are listed. Click the dashboard in the list to navigate to it.
- Under the Data Sources tab, all the data sources, that you were granted access to, are listed. You can create a new chart based on the selected data source.
- - Home icon. Click this icon to return to the Home screen.
- - Settings icon (only available for users with editing rights to the data sources). Click this icon and select Sources . The Sources page is displayed. On this page, you can manage your data sources.
The Side Menu bar allows easy access to saved charts, as well as other charts created by other users in your Zoomdata environment. From the Side Menu, you can also add data sources, create a new dashboard, or import a dashboard configuration.
The following filters are available:
- View All - This filter displays all dashboards within your Zoomdata environment.
- Favorites - Displays all the dashboards that you have favorited.
- My Items - Displays dashboards that you created and saved.
- Shared With Me - Displays all dashboards that other users shared with you.
You are now able to add data sources and create new dashboards directly from the Home Page.
For example, to add a new dashboard, click the New icon and then select Charts and Dashboards from the drop-down menu.
The working area of the Home page contains all available dashboards.
The Home screen features a Gallery of dashboards and data sources that you have access privileges. The thumbnails displayed in the Gallery are an overview of the dashboard. For more information about a particular dashboard, hover over the tile, as shown in the figure above. From the overview, you can favorite the dashboard, delete the dashboard (if privileges allow), and open the dashboard.
In order to see a true thumbnail of a dashboard, your Administrator needs to enable the screenshot feature, which lets Zoomdata take periodic snapshots of your saved dashboards and data sources.If screenshots feature is enabled in your Zoomdata instance and the different chart styles are enabled for a dataset, then you'll see the results as shown in Figure 3. However, if either this feature or certain chart styles (for a dataset) is not enabled then generic icons will be shown instead.
You can select the Help icon to access documentation and articles available in the Zoomdata Documentation Portal (Internet connection needed to link to this external website). If you have any questions or require assistance from our technical support team, then select the Contact Us option. Figure 4 shows the Help options available to you.
If you need to submit a ticket, be sure to specify the Zoomdata version that you are using. To get this info, click the icon as shown in Figure 5: