Enabling Impala User Delegation
Administrators can apply Impala user delegation to the Impala user from which Impala connections are created and access is delegated for other users.
To enable Impala user delegation:
- Log into the Zoomdata server as a supervisor.
- Click to see the supervisor menu.
Select Security on the supervisor menu. The security tabs display.
Select the LDAP Settings tab. The LDAP Settings tab has five sections: General Settings, LDAP Server, User Provisioning, Mappings, and Mappings to Custom User Attributes.
If the LDAP tab cannot be selected, verify that the LDAP security service is enabled. See Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- In the Mapping to Custom User Attributes section, click Add Custom User Attribute.
Type any meaningful name for the custom attribute name.
- Match the new attribute to any LDAP attribute (for example, cn, sAMAccountName, name). This should be provided by an Impala administrator The only requirement is that this attribute match the configuration in Sentry.
- Click Save to save the attribute.
Select Connectors on the supervisor menu. The Manage Connector Services page appears. This page has two tables: one for Connector Servers and one for Connectors.
Scroll down to the Connectors table and select the Impala connector from the list. The Impala connector settings page displays.
- Scroll down to the Connector Parameters and select the check box in the User Attribute column for the DO_AS_USER parameter. This ensures that the DO_AS_USER parameter is visible and can be set in your Impala connection.
- Click Save.
- Log out of Zoomdata as a supervisor and log back in as an administrator.
- Navigate to the Sources page. See Overview of the Data Sources Page.
- Select the Impala icon.
- Make any necessary updates on the General tab and click Next to navigate to the Connection tab.
Provide the following information on the Connection tab:
- The connection name.
- The JDBC URL for the connection.
- The user name and password for the Impala user from which Impala connections are created and access is delegated for other users. Verify that this Impala user has the correct settings in its Sentry configuration.
- In the Do As User drop-down menu, select the custom user attribute you defined on the LDAP configuration page.
- Click Validate. This will validate and save the Impala updates.
Was this topic helpful?