Managing Oracle Connectors
Zoomdata's Oracle connector lets you access the data stored in Oracle databases for visualization and exploration within the Zoomdata Client. Zoomdata supports Oracle version 11.1 and later.
The Oracle connector requires a JDBC driver to be configured before you can connect to your data source. You can download the driver from the vendor's site. If you are upgrading, keep in mind you need to configure the JDBC driver- see Upgrading Zoomdata Server to v2.5 for instructions. For more information and steps, see Adding a JDBC Driver .
The table below lists information on the features that are supported by Oracle.
|Supports Distinct Count?||Yes|
|Supports Group-by Time?||Yes|
|Supports Multi Group-by Charts?||Yes|
|Supports Box Plot?||Yes|
|Supports Derived Fields?||No|
|Custom SQL Capable?||Yes|
|Live Mode & Playback||Yes|
|Supports Last Value?||No|
managing your oracle connections
When setting up a connection to Oracle, provide the following.
Specify the connection name and JDBC URL. The JDBC URL for Oracle database being connected must be:
Provide the User Name and Password for Oracle database.
- You can use an Impersonation feature to work with Oracle data source on behalf of a proxy user. Before you begin, you must configure proxy users with the corresponding privileges in the Oracle database. To use this, select the Impersonation Enabled checkbox and specify the Impersonation Username and Impersonation Password . See how to configure settings for a proxy user below.
Chart Settings for Oracle
On the Charts page, you can:
- Edit Global Default Settings .
- Select the Standard and, if available, Custom chart styles to be used with the data source.
- Set default parameters (group, sub-group, colors, sorting, and so on) for each chart style.
Select Finish to save your changes. Once your data connection has been established, it is listed under My Data Sources.
To enable a Zoomdata user work as a proxy user, specify the user attributes of corresponding oracle user (that will be used as proxy user) in the account details of a Zoomdata user.
You must specify the user attributes for each Zoomdata user that will access the Oracle data source as a proxy user.
Perform the following steps:
- Select Settings and then select Users & Groups .
- Select a user from the list and click the Custom Attributes tab.
- Select Add Custom Attribute . Specify credentials for a user as follows:
- Key - specify the login attribute for proxy user. Corresponding reference name is listed in the Usage column. You have to specify the value from the Usage column in the Impersonation Username field while creating a connection.
- Value - specify the actual name of the oracle user, that you want to use as proxy user.
- Select the checkbox in the Secure column to encrypt the value of the key.
- If the proxy user requires a password, click Add Custom Attribute and specify the key and value for the password. You have to specify the reference name from the Usage column in the Impersonation Password field while creating the connection.
Was this topic helpful?