Managing Solr Connectors
4.10 - 7.1.
What does solr support?
The table below lists information on the features that are supported in different Solr versions.
|Supports Distinct Count?||Yes|
|Supports Live Mode/ Playback?||Yes|
|Supports Group-by Time?||Yes|
|Supports Multi Group-by Charts?||Yes|
|Supports Box Plot?||Yes|
|Custom SQL Capable?||No|
|Supports Last Value?||No|
Managing your solr connections
When establishing a connection to Solr, you must provide the following.
- Select the hosting type: Standalone or Cloud.
- Specify a Solr Base URL.
Specify the version of the Solr source that you are going to connect to in the following format:
. This field is optional.
While connecting to Solr, as a first step Zoomdata checks its version. If the version is not available, Zoomdata checks the version, that you have specified in this field and attempts to connect in the context of this version.
- If authentication has been set up, provide the User Name and Password.
You can select the schema and collection to connect with and provides a preview of the selected collection. In addition, you can set the caching options and toggling the availability of the fields.
- Select the schema, if available, and then select the desired collection to connect to Zoomdata.
- Apply the request handler if needed.
- Toggle the caching and lookup values options, as needed.
- Toggle the availability of the fields, as needed.
- Click Next to continue.
Be aware that fields of time groupings with low time granularity may result in loading time issues at the level of the data source.
Working with Distinct Counts
Distinct count and percentiles metrics return approximate values in Solr, due to the nature of the data source. The precision of the result returned by distinct count metric depends on precision threshold setting (default value is 1000).
Chart Settings for Solr
On the Charts page, you can:
- Edit Global Default Settings.
- Select the Standard and, if available, Custom chart styles to be used with the data source.
- Set default parameters (group, sub-group, colors, sorting, and so on) for each chart style.
Select Finish to save your changes. Once your data connection has been established, it is listed under My Data Sources.
After you have created the Bars chart, you can search for a specific word or phrase via the search box. The
tab displays a list of columns you created. Select the items on the list to see your charts on the dashboard instantly updated.
Was this topic helpful?