Creating Charts and Dashboards
Charts and Dashboards allow you to visualize your data in a variety of ways. You can create a chart, which is a single visualization or add more charts to the visualization, making it a dashboard.
Dashboards can contain charts based on one data source or multiple data sources. For example, within a dashboard you can have two charts using Solr, one using Impala, and another using ElasticSearch.
To create a chart
- From the home page, click New and select Charts and Dashboards from the drop-down menu.
- Select a data source from the menu.
- Select your desired chart style. For example, click Bars.
- Save your work with finished.
You can also create charts from anywhere in the application by clicking on the menu icon, selecting a data source and then a chart style.
To make a dashboard, simply add another chart to the chart canvas. To get started, see the steps below.
To create a dashboard
- Within the chart canvas, click Add Chart.
- Select a data source from the drop-down menu.
- From the available styles, select a chart type.
- Add as many charts as desired.
- When you are finished adding charts, click Save.
Was this topic helpful?