ElasticSearch: Why am I encountering an "Unexpected Exception" error when trying to view my indices in the datasource connection?
This could be occurring because of an ElasticSearch configuration issue. Please check the following first:
- The name of your indices do not include a "." (applies up to v1.5.5 and earlier)
- There is network connectivity issues between the Zoomdata server and ElasticSearch cluster
- The version of JVM on each node of the ElasticSearch cluster is not the same
- Incorrect port is being used. Check your elasticsearch.yml configuration file that the correct port is being used. 9200 (HTTP) and 9300 (TCP) are default
- JDBC-River plugin is being used to load data into your ElasticSearch. Workaround is to remove the JDBC-River plugin (or update the plugin to the latest version) after stopping all nodes on the ElasticSearch cluster and restarting ElasticSearch/Zoomdata servers (applies up to v1.5.5 and earlier)
Was this topic helpful?