Getting Started with AWS and Zoomdata
Aws And Zoomdata
Welcome to your Zoomdata App in AWS platform!
Zoomdata is the Fastest Visual Analytics for Big Data which turns large data sets and streams into compelling, real-time and interactive charts. Zoomdata:
- Is designed from scratch for big data – so you can explore billions of records in seconds
- Offers interactive dashboards – so you can easily create, analyze and share your charts
- Provides stream processing – so you can analyze real-time and historical data streams and visualize them together in one dashboard
- Was developed with the user experience in mind – so you can create beautiful visualizations using an intuitive interface
- Active AWS account
- Websocket supported browser (such as Google Chrome v29+)
You need an active AWS account in order to activate Zoomdata. The AWS Marketplace offers two options for you to setup and launch Zoomdata in your AWS account - 1-Click Launch and Manual Launch . Both of these options offer you a ready-to-go instance with all the necessary components installed and configured.
- 1-Click Launch: Provides immediate access to the Zoomdata application (upon acceptance of the software terms). Please note that the Zoomdata app is activated upon acceptance of AWS terms and usage charges apply. To stop usage charges, you need to exit the Zoomdata app from your AWS Console.
- Manual Launch: Lets you control when to start and stop Zoomdata. This option requires manual login to the AWS Console. You need to copy the public DNS provided in your AWS Console and open a new browser window to access Zoomdata. Usage charges for Zoomdata are managed via the AWS Console. Login credentials are required and provided in the detailed steps below.
During the sign-up process, you will need to select an AWS Instance Type. Before you make your selection, review the Zoomdata's hardware recommendations to ensure you select enough cores and memory.
For any questions related to selecting and setting up an AWS Instance Type, contact AWS Support .
Setting Up Zoomdata in Your AWS Account
Perform the steps listed below to set up your Zoomdata Server.
- Log into your AWS marketplace account.
- On the AWS marketplace page, locate Zoomdata Server .
- Click Continue .
- Select the launch option:
- by selecting this option, you will be able to use Zoomdata right after accepting the software terms. Configure the following options as required:
(a) Select the instance type:
While selecting the AWS instance type, keep in mind
Zoomdata's hardware recommendations .
(b) Click Accept Software Terms & Launch with 1-Click .
- Manual launch - you will be able to start Zoomdata when required.
While selecting the instance type, keep in mind Zoomdata's hardware recommendations .
(b) Click Accept Software Terms .
To access Zoomdata, perform the following steps:
- Open a new browser window (or tab).
Enter the following URL:
http:// public_dns :8080/zoomdata.
public_dns, ensure you are signed into the AWS console and under the 'Instances' section, copy your ' Public DNS ' from the corresponding column.
Please note that Zoomdata may take 5-10 minutes to start up on first start.
Log into Zoomdata using the following credentials:
(a) Username: admin (or supervisor )
(b) Password: your 'AWS Instance ID' (found in the AWS EC2 management console; as shown in Figure 7)
Access the Quick Reference for Admins to learn about the administrative features and functions available to you.
Access the Quick Reference for Users to learn how to create charts and build dashboards and to discover cool tools available to you.
Was this topic helpful?