Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform and Zoomdata
Welcome to your Zoomdata in the Google Cloud Platform!
Zoomdata is the Fastest Visual Analytics for Big Data which turns large data sets and streams into compelling, real-time and interactive charts. Zoomdata:
- Is designed from scratch for big data – so you can explore billions of records in seconds
- Offers interactive dashboards – so you can easily create, analyze and share your charts
- Provides stream processing – so you can analyze real-time and historical data streams and visualize them together in one dashboard
- Was developed with the user experience in mind – so you can create beautiful visualizations using an intuitive interface
- Active Google Cloud Platform (GCP) account
- Websocket supported browser (such as Google Chrome v29+)
When you are choosing the Google Cloud Platform instance, keep in mind Zoomdata hardware recommendations to ensure enough cores and memory when using the app. For any questions related to selecting and setting up a Google Cloud Platform instance, please contact GCP support .
SETTING UP ZOOMDATA IN YOUR GCP ACCOUNT
Register and Set Up a GCP Account for Zoomdata Trial
Perform the steps listed below to set up your GCP account with Zoomdata:
- From the Zoomdata Free Trial page, select the Google and Zoomdata Cloud Trial Launch Now button.
Complete the registration form and
You will be taken to the GCP/Zoomdata Launch Page.
On the GCP/Zoomdata Launch page, select the Launch on Compute Engine button.
The Terms of Service page displays.
Complete the Terms of Service page.
The registration page appears.
- Complete the registration page.
You will return to the Launch page. Next, you are ready to launch a Zoomdata instance.
Select the Launch on Compute Engine button.
You are asked to enable billing in order to continue the setup process.
Select Enable billing button.
You will need to select an appropriate account for the bill.
- Select a Billing account and select the Set account button.
It may take a few minutes for the deployment to initialize. Once completed, you can set up the instance for Zoomdata deployment.
Configure and Deploy Zoomdata
Default configurations are pre-populated in the deployment. However, you may choose to edit the fields:
- Deployment name
- Disk type : select your preferred disk type
- Disk size : Refer to Zoomdata's hardware recommendation for disk size
A default Machine type configuration is selected. However, you may want to change the selection based on your needs. Refer to Figure 9: Deployment Guidelines to identify a suitable configuration.
After completing the configuration settings, select the button. After GCP successfully deploys your Zoomdata instance, you will be taken to the Deployment page.
This page provides the URL and login credentials that you will need to access and log into Zoomdata.
To access Zoomdata, perform the following steps:
- Open a new browser window (or tab).
Copy and paste the URL.
Log into Zoomdata using the following credentials:
(a) Username: admin
Access the Quick Start Reference Sheet for Admins to learn about the administrative features and functions available to you.
Access the Quick Start Reference Sheet for Users to learn how to create charts and build dashboards and to discover cool tools available to you.
Was this topic helpful?