Import a Data Source Configuration
Zoomdata lets you import a data source configuration from another Zoomdata instance (exporting a data source is covered in the topic Managing Data Sources and Connections , specifically, the Download function). Configuration settings that are imported include:
- The source name
- The connection settings
- Custom labels created in the Fields page
- Default parameters set on the Charts page
To import the source file, perform the following steps:
- On the Data Sources page, click Import Source Configuration .
- In the Import Source section, click Browse source file and select the .json file.
. The imported data source is listed in the
My Data Sources
To be successfully imported to Zoomdata, the data source configuration is validated against the following requirements. If one of them does not match, the import procedure will fail.
- The version of Zoomdata specified in the exported file must be the same as Zoomdata version you use.
- Zoomdata checks if there are any similar connections available (the connection name may be different). In case the same connection is found in Zoomdata, the connection is validated and a new data source is created using the available parameters.
- Otherwise, Zoomdata validates if there are any related connection types available by the following criteria:
- min/max supported versions of the data sources
- data store type
- required parameters
- If the connection types do not match the criteria listed above, the importing process will stop. Otherwise, Zoomdata creates the connection based on the first matching type.
- Zoomdata validates the connection with the parameters defined in the imported data source.
- In case of successful validation, the connection is saved and the new data source is created.
Was this topic helpful?