Use the Map: Markers chart style to display your data on a world map.
To build this chart, your data source must contain the latitude and longitude fields.
Zoomdata supports a variety of tile providers which offer an overlay design for the map visualization styles available in the program.
These include: OpenStreetMap, OpenMapSurfer, MapQuest, CloudMade, and MapBox. MapQuest, CloudMade and MapBox require an API key.
The Map: Markers chart style is based on two attributes (Longitude and Latitude).
CONFIGURING DEFAULT SETTINGS FOR MAP: MARKERS
- On the Charts page (for your selected data source), under the Standard tab, select Map: Markers .
- To ensure that the map is able visualize your dataset, set the Latitude and Longitude fields to the corresponding columns in your dataset.
Additional options that can be set include:
- Lat/Long Limit - specify the maximal number of markers to be displayed on the map.
- Start Zoom - set the level from which you can start zoom and view markers for the region.
- Max Zoom - set the maximal level to which you can zoom and view the markers.
- Select a tile provider. By default, the MapQuest is selected. For MapQuest, MapBox, and CloudMade tile providers, specify the Tile Provider API Key.
- A custom name and description for the map, if desired.
- Click Save .
To view your chart, do the following:
- Click the menu icon.
- Click Data Sources and select the desired data source.
- Select Map: Markers . The chart is displayed.
You can now explore and interact with your dataset.
Was this topic helpful?