Sorting and Limiting Data
You can sort the data elements within your chart by the available metrics or attributes. You can also limit the amount of data that is displayed to show a more detailed view of your data.
When sorting your data, the options vary based on whether you have metrics/attributes and what type of chart style you are using, as sorting and limiting is not available for all chart styles. Administrators and users with editing rights to data sources can also set the default sort order and limit from the Data Sources page. For additional information, see Connecting to Data .
For metric-based charts, you have the following options:
- Assending or Descending
For attribute-based charts, you have the following options:
- Alphabetical or Reverse alphabetical
For time attribute-based charts, you have the following options:
- Chronological or Reverse chronological
To Sort or Limit your Data
- From the left rail menu, select Sort & Limit.
- Select a category to sort by from the drop-down menu.
- Depending on the type of data elements your chart is based on, different sorting options are displayed. Select a sorting type, for example, Descending or Ascending.
- If you want to limit the amount of data displayed on your chart, enter a number in the Limit field.
Was this topic helpful?