Importing a Data Source Configuration
Zoomdata lets you import a data source configuration from another Zoomdata instance. The import file must be a JSON file you previously downloaded. See Downloading a Data Source Configuration.
Data source configurations can only be imported if the imported JSON file is from the same version of Zoomdata.
The configuration settings that are imported include:
- The data source configuration name specified on the General Tab
- The data source connection settings specified on the Connection Tab
- The data tables selected for the configuration on the Tables/Indices Tab
- Custom labels, derived fields, and custom metrics specified on the Fields Tab
- The refresh settings set on the Refresh Tab
- Default parameters set on the Charts Tab
To import the data source configuration file:
Make sure you are logged in as a Zoomdata administrator.
- Select (Settings) and then select Sources. The Data Sources page appears.
On the Data Sources page, click Import Source Configuration. An Import Source area appears at the top of the Data Sources page.
In the Import Source section, click Browse source file to browse for and select the JSON file. The name stored in the data source configuration is listed in the Imported Source Name box.
Optionally, change the name of the data source in the Imported Source Name box.
Click Import. The imported data source is added to the My Data Sources table on the Data Sources page.
Import processing is depicted in the following diagram:
To be successfully imported to Zoomdata, the data source configuration is validated against the following requirements. If one of them does not match, the import procedure will fail.
The version of Zoomdata specified in the exported file must be the same as Zoomdata version you use.
Zoomdata checks if there are any similar connections available (the connection name may be different). If the same connection is found in Zoomdata, the connection is validated and a new data source is created using the available parameters.
If the same connection cannot be found, Zoomdata validates if there are any related connection types available based on the following criteria:
- Minimum and maximum supported versions of the data sources
- Data store type
- Required parameters
- If the connection types do not match the criteria listed above, the import process will stop. Otherwise, Zoomdata creates the connection based on the first matching type.
- Zoomdata validates the connection with the parameters defined in the imported data source.
- In case of successful validation, the connection is saved and the new data source is created.
Was this topic helpful?