Applying a Group Filter from a Metric
Suppose you want to find product sales greater than $200,000 for the last quarter within the greater Los Angeles area. You might create a group filter using the following steps. This example requires that you have already applied a row-level filter for the city of Los Angeles.
To create the group filter:
- Click in the upper left of the chart. The Filters sidebar appears.
- Select Add Filter.
- Under New Filter, select Group. By default, the aggregation function is set to Sum. You can select other values from the drop-down list.
- From the list of available numbers, select Sales.
- Select the Operator tab. This allows you to input a threshold value, rather than a value range. By default, the aggregation function is set to Sum. You can select other values from the drop-down list.
- Select the greater-than operator, then enter 200000 in to the value field.
- Select Apply.
- Once the visualization updates, select Group and then select Product Category. This displays all sales of products totally over $200,000.
- Remember to save your filter.
Was this topic helpful?