Getting Started with the SDK
The Zoomdata Software Development Kit (SDK) is a set of tools to help software developers extend Zoomdata's capabilities and embed them into custom and third-party applications. It is intended for use by software developers.
The Zoomdata SDK allows you to extend and embed Zoomdata's data analytics server to fit your own particular needs. You can:
- use Zoomdata data in your own web application
- embed a Zoomdata chart in your own web application
- create a custom chart to use in Zoomdata or your own web application
- use Zoomdata administrative controls in your own application
- use the OAuth 2.0 protocol to secure your application's use of Zoomdata
The Zoomdata SDK is a toolkit for extending Zoomdata's native capabilities and for embedding Zoomdata analytics in your own application. It includes:
- REST APIs - to programmatically manage Zoomdata's administrative features, including sources, groups and users, security, and more.
- Visualization Framework - to add new charts to Zoomdata gallery
- Samples - working code to help you see the various APIs in action
- How-to guides - to provide steps for different common tasks
- Reference documentation - for easily looking up various object definitions and methods.
The Zoomdata SDK is a toolkit to augment your own skills and tools as you build your own applications and extend Zoomdata itself. To get started, you need:
- access to a Zoomdata server
- administrative access to one or more accounts on the server, or ideally supervisor access to the server itself
- some data
- an understanding of REST APIs and web asynchronous processes, if you intend to use Zoomdata's REST APIs
How you get started with Zoomdata depends upon what you want to do.
I want to...
|customize the way the Zoomdata app looks: the login screen, the logo, and so on.||You do not need the SDK to make customizations to the Zoomdata application. For information about customizing the look and feel of the Zoomdata app, see Customizing the Zoomdata User Interface .|
|create dashboards of charts.||You do not need the SDK to create dashboards of Zoomdata charts. For information about creating dashboards in the Zoomdata application, see Managing Dashboards .|
|modify an existing Zoomdata chart's functionality.||The Zoomdata SDK includes templates for its charts. You can create a new chart from one of these templates and modify the template to your own specifications. For more information, see Maintaining Custom Charts Using the Custom Chart CLI .|
|manage Zoomdata users, accounts, data sources, etc., in my own custom application or script.||The SDK includes a large number of REST methods that allow you administer the metadata of your Zoomdata server in your own application or using curl or a REST client. For more information, see REST API Overview .|
|use the OAuth 2.0 protocol to securely access Zoomdata functionality in my own application.||The SDK provides a workflow for using the OAuth 2.0 protocol in your custom app. For more information, see Implementing OAuth 2.0 with Zoomdata.|
Was this topic helpful?