Derived Field Editor
Zoomdata provides a Derived Field Editor to help you create and test derived fields for a data source. To define derived fields for a data source, you must have access to the data source.
The Derived Field Editor is depicted below.
The numbered regions are:
- Derived field name
- The type of derived field (attribute, time or number)
- Row-Level Functions and the Attributes & Metrics list
- Editing space
- Preview space
Derived fields are created by defining a formula composed of metrics and attributes with row-level functions applied to them. You can also include existing derived fields in your new derived field's formula.
You can access the Derived Field Editor in the following ways:
- Accessing the Editor from a Data Source Configuration
- Accessing the Editor from the Metric Selection Sidebar
- Accessing the Editor from the Group Selection Sidebar
- Accessing the Editor from the Color Sidebar
- Accessing the Editor from the Filters Sidebar
Was this topic helpful?