Integrating Chart Data Into Your Applications
You can integrate Zoomdata chart data into your applications using Zoomdata actions and action templates.
Action templates provide specifics about the external application you want integrated with your data source. Each action template is data source-specific and defines an application integration definition that connects Zoomdata with an external application.
After your system and data administrators have defined an action template in Zoomdata and granted proper permissions to use Zoomdata actions, you can invoke an action while working with a chart on your dashboard. The invoked action:
- Creates a query definition based on the filters applied to the chart and on the data and limit specifications in the associated action template.
- Sends the query definition to your application. Your application can use the Zoomdata API to run the query and display or use the data that it collects.
You must be logged on as an administrator or as a user with the Can Manage Action Templates privilege to define an action template. You must be logged on as an administrator or as a user with the Can Invoke Actions privilege to invoke an action.
The following diagram depicts action processing.
See the following topics:
- Defining an Action Template
- Modifying an Action Template
- Enabling and Disabling an Action Template
- Deleting an Action Template
- Invoking an Action
Was this topic helpful?