Saving a Dashboard
When you have added at least one chart, you can save it as a dashboard. After your dashboard is saved, you can share it with other users in your account, allowing them to view and make edits to the dashboard. You can also export the dashboard for use by users in other accounts. See Sharing a Dashboard.
To view your saved dashboards, you can either navigate back to the Home page, or click the Menu icon to display a list of all the dashboards in your account.
When you save a dashboard, only the last time bar field you were using and its range and playback configuration are saved.
To save a dashboard:
In the dashboard header, click in the upper right corner of the dashboard. The Save dialog appears.
- In the Name field, enter a title for your dashboard.
- If you want to provide details about your dashboard, do this in the Description field.
- You can share your dashboard with others in your account by checking Share with all users in my account. Select one of the following options:
- Users can View Only: Other users can view, interact with, and make a copy of your dashboard.
- Users can View and Edit: Other users can view, interact with and make changes, and make their own copy of your dashboard.
The table below lists the user sharing options and corresponding permissions.
User View Interact Save Delete Overwrite As a copy Author ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Account admin ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ User: 'Can view only' ✔ ✔ ✘ ✔ ✘ User: 'Can view and edit' ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✘
The corresponding permissions are:
- View - open and view a chart or dashboard.
- Interact - work with the chart or dashboard using available tools (chart drop-down menu, radial menu, axes labels, and so on).
- Rename - change the name of the chart or a dashboard. Also, it allows to change the name of each chart separately on a shared dashboard.
- Overwrite - save the applied the changes.
- Save as a copy - save the copy of a dashboard with the applied changes.
- Delete - delete a dashboard from Favorites or delete a chart from the dashboard.
- Click .
Was this topic helpful?